Mittwoch, 2. September 2015

Why I Let My Kids Watch “Inappropriate” TV


"My wife and I don't go out of our way to introduce our kids to television and movies with adult content. We do go out of our way to show them things that we think are well-made and textured, and a lot of that happens to feature some, you know, serious stuff. To varying degrees, Broad City, Orange Is the New Black, and Transparent offer depictions and/or discussions of masturbation (male and female), hetero sex, lesbian sex, cross-dressing, gender reassignment, threesomes, fisting, dildos, and pegging. There's very little monogamy and a lot of casual drug use. I can hear the uptight parent voice in myself saying, "Why do they need to see all this?" But these are three of the best shows on television right now, and quality has to win out over comfort. I think? There's no handbook on how to pick entertainment for your kids. We figure it out as we go and hope we're not screwing them up. So far, they seem fine."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen